Snowstar Ski Resort Blog

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Roads to Winter Fun

Well I have done it again..............let way too much time pass between blogs............
Anyway, we have just completed a rather unusual project. In a first of its kind joint venture, Snowstar has teamed with Andalusia township to fund the refurbishing and seal-coating of all local access roads to Snowstar. What traditionally has been a bumpy ride in to Snowstar is now nothing more than an unpleasant memory.
This to me seems like such a minor item, but so many people have already commented on how nice it is to have access to the area that actually resembles a real road. Guess it is money well-spent afterall.
I will talk at ya soon.........ed

3 Comments:

  • You are taking out the old bumpy road?? Noooo!!! Hahaha! I guess that's okay. I always liked that road. It made my trip to snowstar always feel like an adventure, as lame as that might sound. Oh well... Can't wait to get back out there this winter, I had so much fun last winter and look forward to see if I improve my snowboarding skills!

    On a side note I think it would be a great idea if you advertise the heck out of snowstar to the surrounding colleges (Augie, Ambrose, Palmer)to bring in more business. Last year was my first year at Snowstar and it bummed me out that I have been missing it all these years.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 26/9/07 8:19 AM  

  • Paul...........thanks for blogging and thanks for the input....
    I am sure you can find a new adventure to replace the travels down the old bumpy road!
    Do not forget our Ski Swap has been moved to November 3rd this year. It will allow us to attract some new shops that have promised me a huge selection of equipment and deals..........later

    By Blogger Snowstar Ski Resort, at 26/9/07 9:00 AM  

  • Just found this blog! I've never been skiing in IL, but like y'all I'm pumped for this season. Sorry to hear about your road. I'll keep my fingers crossed that y'all get hammered with snow this season!

    mammoth patrol rookie
    www.mmsprookie.wordpress.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 30/9/07 5:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home