Snowstar Ski Resort Blog

Friday, February 16, 2007

Galesburg Mom

Thanks for the input....First of all, please understand that I did not call anyone a wimp. If you read closesly, the comment came from a Boy Scout leader and I commented that it was an unfair generalization. Perhaps I should not have shared that story, but it is often a topic of conversation, when people do not understand that dressing apporpriately is all that need be done.

Secondly, I laugh at the geographically challenged comment. The comment actually came from a Sherrard student who was very disappointed that his ski trip was cancelled. He fully knew that Sherrard was in Illinois......he was simply implying that they could join the list that previously only referred to Iowa schools. He is a sharp, good-natured kid and I am sure he will get a kick out of your comment.

Finally, I enjoyed getting comments from a fellow business owner. I am sure you fully understand that running a small business gets tougher and tougher. So much of our costs now are driven by liability concerns, insurance costs, and the ever-growing burden of new state fees and increased costs of existing fees. Hope you are doing well and if you are I am sure your success is well-desreved and hard-earned.......

Hang in there and thanks for sharing winter fun with you family.........

Best wishes......ed

3 Comments:

  • Hello to ALL,
    Super bowl Sunday was -5 and the place was corduroy top- to bottom.
    Your crew did a great job.
    I must say that your people were so nice I was almost shocked at how courteous some of the young people working the chairs were.
    Last Friday night My Wife, Daughter (7) and I skied till close and your staff thanked us for coming as we were leaving. You made us feel valued and will be sure to visit again.
    Thank you
    Dan C.
    LeClaire Iowa

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 16/2/07 8:20 PM  

  • Jay, you and the crew did a nice job with the flat box step up everyone seems to like it And the kicker looks nice can't wait to hit it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 17/2/07 10:30 PM  

  • Galesburg Mom. Hope I have it right. Well done, Ed. Sensitive and appropriate comments. May your weather gods smile some more. Jim G

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 23/2/07 4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home