Snowstar Ski Resort Blog

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Dan Fogelberg

We lost a good one earlier this month. Dan Fogelberg was one of our better songwriters from the 70's and 80's(if I recall correctly). I related to him from several angles. I truly enjoyed his music. He also hailed from Illinois. In Peoria, specifically, a town that in the words of Charles Kurault, is in the middle of the state, in the middle of the country, in the middle of the world.

Perhaps you remember his song "The Leader of the Band" which was a touching tribute to his father. And, if you are a weather "nut" you may remember one of his other songs...."Same Old Lang Syne." Being a big fan of snowy weather I vividly remember the last line of that song.....it is one of the saddest lines in any song ever written............"And as I turned to make my way back home, the snow turned to rain"

Oh my.....if you love snow, that kind of says it all, does it not??????????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home