Snowstar Ski Resort Blog

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Beware of that Forecast

You just never know. I went to bed last night fully expecting to come in to work this morning seeing a gloomy, rainy day. I was fully prepared to call staff off and tell them to stay home and shortly thereafter lock the gate for the day. Oh contrar'.........It did not rain all night despite the forecast of a 90% chance of rain......... Somewhere around 3am we had a huge burst of snow that dumped in excess of 3 inches in a very short time and we were instantly blessed with a winter wonderland. Even at 6am, the forecast was for an all day rain event. The light snow continued and diminished to flurries by noon and all was very well for those of us who enjoy winter. This was only the second time since the middle of Dec that I could actually look out my back door and see that beautiful snowcover. All is well for one more day.
ed

2 Comments:

  • It was a good year, I really appreciate your hard work and dedication to making sure your customers have an enjoyable experience. I know my 8 year old daughter had a lot of fun learning to Snowboard this year, I just wish there was more time to get my wife out to learn as well. Thanks again and I'm looking forward to next season.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/3/06 11:06 AM  

  • Thanks guys.............truly a pleasure visiting you area. You treated us well and seem to care more about making our visit memorable than we ever dreamed. Snow was excellent. A good time was had. Sorry to see spring jump up at us.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/3/06 9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home