Snowstar Ski Resort Blog

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Snowmaking Buddies

We have a policy here at Snowstar. As long as temps permit, we will make fresh snow for you up until the very end of the season. It does not matter that we have a 3 to 4 foot base everywhere. We will continue to make snow up until that last day of skiing. Some have suggested that we are wasting our $.................
But I have 2 thoughts on that.......1) I want you to have the best skiing experience possible even if it is the dog days of March and 2) we love to make snow.
Anyway, back to my subject. I have heard the snowmakers talk about the critters they see everynight. They have deer on the ridge acroos the creek, turkeys along the creek bottoms, fox that roam the bluff above Pluto's Plunge, and the squirrel that, like clockwork, comes out of the Oak tree on the top Of Big Dipper at 6am every morning to scoure the ravine below.
I came in at 3am the other morning to run a few guns as it had gotten slightly colder than expected. I got to see all the comrads that the night crew had talked about. I also had one additional snowmaking buddy that morning. As I went down North Star to turn on some guns, I saw something hopping around out in the middle of the trail........it was a Robin. A sign of spring perhaps. I am just hoping he had no clue that we are planning on a couple more weeks of snowmaking and skiing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home